What is the Importance of Promptly Updating your Operating System / Software on iPhone?
The thing to remember about application updates is that they usually make relatively small changes. These changes are mostly bug fixes some plug security vulnerabilities or changes to enhance compatibility with a new version of the operating system or any other product connected thereto, including apps. Sometimes, there are minor changes to the features, sometimes an update is massive and vital.
As a side note, it is important to remember that password security is vital.
Getting the message that it is time to update your phone never stops being annoying for some users that are happy with the status quo. “My phone works fine just the way it is,” you think to yourself, and you put out the software update until another day.
Well, it happened again. Prior to releasing IOS 10, Apple just released iOS 9.5, so it’s time for iPhone owners to connect their phone to a Wi-Fi network and let it run for five minutes. 9.5 has crucial security updates designed to deal with new tools on the market from the recent NSA hack. The update has a few useful new features, but there are other reasons why you need to update your phone and apps, in a timely manner. As annoying as they are, software updates are important, and we need to start getting into the habit of following through on these messages. Here’s why:
- The main reason for the phone and computer up-to-date is security. Errors and vulnerabilities occur with any software system – and it’s just a matter of time before someone discovers them. Companies like Apple and Google, as well as important apps all have employees whose job it is to try to hack into their own product (Google even has an entire team of badass women white hat hackers do this). Their goal is to find and fix defects before malicious hackers can take advantage of them.
- It’s like a constant cat-and-mouse game. Hopefully, the security researchers (the aforementioned white hat hackers) identify the issues first, but occasionally creative criminals or identifying a security hole first.
- Even if an app update does not introduce many new features, and is just “improvements and bug fixes,” it’s still worth a download; it is possible that your phone could be hacked and an update will prevent your data from being shared with the world.
- When major software update, it seems that there are always some users who get out in the cold with strange, unexplainable bugs. With Apple’s iOS, many users experienced intermittent Internet connection problems, including signal degradation and repeated requests for passwords. But the Wi-Fi update is not just about patches and plasters. It also brings Wi-Fi Calling Sprint customers, letting them participate in T-Mobile subscribers, as the few who can talk on the phone without eating away from their plan. Hopefully other carriers this feature in the future to allow for updates.
- Apple’s iOS and OSX operating system, the software that makes your iPhone an iPhone and your Mac a Mac, had a coding error that basic security features protect your data from hackers compromised.
- To ensure that you download the latest security updates for the latest operating system and other software, disable automatic updates. “Many software programs will automatically connect and update to defend against known risks.